Are you as excited about Biki as we are? Want to see the new Biki bike and learn more about Honolulu’s new bikeshare program?
We invite you to attend a Biki Open House to get the latest updates on the Biki program, plans for the launch this summer, Biki bike demo including features and functionality, see where the 100 Biki Stops will be placed and more. Representatives from Hawaii Bicycling League and the City and County’s Complete Streets Program also will be in attendance to answer any questions you may have on bicycling laws and safety, bike lanes and complete streets.
You’ll also have the chance to visit five themed stations to get more information:
1. Biki bike demo and pricing/how to use Biki (see the Biki bike, learn about its unique features, pricing options available, and how Biki Stops work)
2. Safety and education (learn the laws and guidelines for bicyclists on the road from Hawaii Bicycling League, bike routes, and upcoming educational workshops that Bikeshare Hawaii and HBL will be offering)
3. Station network and outreach (see a map of where the initial 100 stations will be situated in urban Honolulu and learn how the stations were selected)
4. Biking infrastructure (representatives from the City and County’s Complete Streets Program will answer questions about the City’s plans on bike lanes and complete streets, and minimum grid goal)
5. Community benefits (find out how bikeshare helps Hawaii meet its transportation and energy goals, alleviates traffic congestion, improves public health and supports local businesses)
Free and open to everyone, the Biki Open House is:
Wednesday, April 19
6pm to 7pm
Jefferson Elementary School
324 Kapahulu Avenue (at Ala Wai)
The Open House will take place in the cafeteria. Please walk, bus or bike. If you need to drive, please park close to the cafeteria, which is in the back of the school, close to the Ala Wai. Please do not park in the front school parking lot off of Kapahulu Avenue.
Hope to see you there!